Town of Barnes
Town of Barnes, WI

This website has been changed from to! Please update any bookmarks you may have to the new domain.
Home > Germann Road Wildfire of 2013 > Fire Victim Assistance/Donation Information

Fire Victim Assistance/Donation Information

There are several groups/organizations setting up relief aid. If you would like to donate or help please look over the options below.

Also, if you are in need of assistance as a result of the Germann Fire we hope the contacts below will be helpful.

Housing Needs - You can contact Lori Wells, USDA, Rural Development, Stevens Point, Wi, Office: 715-345-7680 Cell: 715-572-3085. She may be able to assist with income requirements and provide further info.

The Office of Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) will make available assistance for property owners filing claims to cover fire damage. Homeowners can contact Terri Carlson of OCI at 608-264-6239 or go to their website

Excellent source of Information
From Douglas County Emergency Government

Items to Consider After a Wildfire
From Bayfield County Emergency Government

Additional Resources

Northern WI Wildfire Victims Fund
Neighbors helping neighbors

Superior Fuel Company helping those impacted
Fund set up at Republic Bank.
Donations made if you use Superior Fuel.

U.S. Congressman Sean Duffy may be able to help you

Fire Damaged Trees And Forest Health Issues
The best way to control potential insect problems is to salvage the damaged trees as soon as possible. The longer the trees are left on site, the chances of problems spreading into adjacent stands increases.

The notices, agendas, minutes and postings on the Town website are for informational purposes only. They may not be the most current version and therefore are NOT considered the official or legal copy.
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. 8:00 AM - Noon
[email protected]
3360 County Highway N, Barnes, WI 54873

Site empowered by
Site Map