This website has been changed from www.barnes-wi.com to TownOfBarnesWI.gov! Please update any bookmarks you may have to the new domain.
Town Digital Library
Town Board Meeting Minutes
2011 Town Board Meeting Minutes
> Special Town Board Meeting March 31, 2011
Special Town Board Meeting March 31, 2011
MINUTES OF THE
SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING
Of March 31, 2011
Chair Lu Peet called the Special Town Board Meeting to order at 5:00PM. All were present from the Barnes Board. Brustad verified the agenda had been posted as required. T he agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1) Open bids for suspended ceiling replacement and lighting in the town hall
2) Approve proposal from Lake Restoration, Inc for treatment of Sand Bar Lake
3) Approve common goals (charter) for the cell tower committee
1) Two bids were received. The first bid opened was from Dave Christenson of Christenson Enterprises for a total of $12,500.00. An option for 2x2’ panels in lieu of 4x4’ panels would be an additional $1,200.00. The second bid was from Marv Thompson and Sons in the amount of $10,445.00, and the optional 2x2’ panels would be an additional $2,348.00 or with cutting 4x4 panels in two and installing them in 2 foot tees would be $1,140.00.
Motion (Webb/Porter) to approve the bid from Marv Thompson and Sons for $10,445.00. The Board decided to not go with 2x2’ panels, the felt the same size as was in there now was fine. Marvin wanted ½ down once the materials were delivered. It was agreed to do that as long as he understood checks were done every Monday, so the next Monday after delivery would be the earliest. Roll call vote taken and all responded yes. Motion carried.
2) There were two bids received for the treatment of Sand Bar Lake, one from Lake Restoration, Inc. for $12,378.30 for the project. This is the same firm who treated Tomahawk Lake. The second bid from Northern Aquatic Services for the same treatment in feet and dose was $17,481.00.
Motion (McGee/Webb) to approve the bid from Lake Restoration, Inc for the milfoil treatment on Sandbar Lake for $12,378.30. Roll call vote taken and all responded yes. Motion carried.
3) The committee hadn’t had a chance to get together yet so nothing was ready for Board approval.
Motion (Webb/Meinke) to adjourn the Special Town Board meeting of March 31, 2011. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 5:35PM.
Dated this 8th Day of April, 2011
Site empowered by