This website has been changed from www.barnes-wi.com to TownOfBarnesWI.gov! Please update any bookmarks you may have to the new domain.
Town Digital Library
Town Board Meeting Minutes
2010 Town Board Meeting Minutes
> Special Town Board Meeting September 9, 2010
Special Town Board Meeting September 9, 2010
MINUTES OF THE
SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING
Of September 9, 2010
Chair Lu Peet called the Special Town Board Meeting to order at 5:02PM. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1) Closed Session. The Town Board of the Town of Barnes will meet in regular session to go into a closed session pursuant to State Statute 19.85(c) “considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. The board will reconvene to the regular session immediately after the closed session.
2) Review and approve Special Use Permit application for Kathleen Monaghan for shoreline grading and filling under boathouse slab
3) Review and possible change policy of using Town of Barnes garbage bags at the Transfer Site
4) Approval to hire an engineering firm to provide cost estimate & design for rehabilitation of Upper Eau Claire and Robinson Lake Landings.
5) Approval to go out for bids to redo the west ramp and front entrance area
6) Budget review for 2011 budget
1) Motion (Porter/Meinke) to go into closed session pursuant to State Statute 19.85(c) “considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. The board will reconvene to the regular session immediately after the closed session. Roll call vote taken with all present responding yes. Webb was absent for the vote and arrived approximately 5 minutes later. Motion carried. The Board conducted employee reviews. Motion (Porter/McGee) to adjourn the closed session and return to the regular open session of the meeting. Motion carried. The board returned to open session at 7:05 PM.
2) The Board revisited thisitem after disapproval at the August 17th Regular Town Board meeting. Motion (Webb/Porter) to recommend approval of the Special Use Permit Application by Kathleen Monaghan. Since the Land Use Plan does not address shore land grading, the town should not disapprove it only on that basis. McGee said the Board should have no problem with it as long as all permits are obtained and all regulations are met. Motion carried.
3) Motion (Porter/McGee) to stop ordering Town of Barnes imprinted bags. The cost savings might be eaten up with additional labor costs, but they felt it should be tried to see what savings they could obtain. Patrons can use regular bags once their supplies of imprinted bags are gone. Bags of garbage will be charged per bag.
4) Motion (Meinke/McGee) to approve hiring an engineering firm to provide a cost estimate & design for the rehabilitation of Upper Eau Claire Lake and Robinson Lake Boat landings. McGee said if we are going to redo the two boat landings he felt we needed to ensure it would be done correctly so it would last a long time. Roll call vote taken and all responded yes. It will be put on the September 21st Regular Town Board meeting agenda to amend the budget for the amount to be spent. Motion carried.
5) Motion (McGee/Webb) to go out for bids to redo the west ramp and front entryway at the town hall. The committee wanted this on the agenda n order to get moving as quickly as possible. The plans were being re-drawn along with a cost estimate by the engineering firm and would be ready soon. Motion carried.
6) Due to the time the board set up two meeting dates for budget discussion. The next meeting will be September 23rd at 5:00PM and the next will be October 7th at 5:00PM.
Motion (Porter/McGee) to adjourn the meeting of September 9, 2010. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 7:52PM.
Dated this 14th day of September, 2010
Site empowered by